Vally of the Sun Stage Race, Phoenix Az 16-18 Feb 2007
Just to keep the fringe racers up on what's happening with this team I'm going to post some VOS results. So I'll let everyone outside know how we did at VOS. First off, traffic aside, I thought it was a fun race. Much better than how it was described to me. Actually getting ready to do something like this took a lot of trainer and limited road time with the weather we have been having. I'm sure we were all wondering how we would actually fare against the "in shape" AZ and CA riders that showed up. Personally I thought I would get my assed royally kicked having enterd as a SM2. It was nice to get a status update on how the pre-season training was coming along for us. The results were somthing like this: Dustin Folger (pleasure to meet you and Eric) was in the cat 5 race (for the last time) didn't have a rr time (?) so did not show up on the overall. Our Cat 4 entries Carter, D Klein, M Mardosz, C-man: Top Colorado rider on the eastside 44th (with an outstanding top 10 finish in the TT), DK, the next eastsloper close behind in 49th, Mike, Mr. mom, E-Bay master, it was a tough ride, you stuck it out for all you could. Remember the season is long and you WILL have your day. Todd, our lone cat3 entry, appeared to really enjoy the challenge and finished 39th (3rd eastsider overall). Me, Cat2, finished 45th. First (and only) WY rider. We also got to meet a few of this years Womens Pro riders, Tracy Kubas, Cat3, won the overall (was a cat3)!, Cat1-2-Pro: Anna Webb (21st) and Joanie Caron (35th). Congratulations to everyone that went down there. Try not to burn out early in the Stazio crits. Koppenberg et al will soon be upon us. Whether it is a first place or just a finish in a hard race, I wish everyone the best of luck! In boca al lupo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Excellent write-up!
One other thing - Mr. Chris Wentz made the journey to AZ with his 3 gals from the pro team. Chris is definitely committed to representing at races - his pro team as well as our club team. From where I sit, Chris is determined to provide as much support as possible for our squad for the upcoming season.
Post a Comment