Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Valley of the Sun Stage Race - February 16-18th - Phoenix, AZ

Just throwing it out there - I'm putting this race on my calendar. It has 3 things going for it - 1) it has a flat TT 2) it has a flat RR and 3) it has a flat crit. Its a beautiful thing - this flat stuff, especially in February. And yes, it can be nice and warm in Phoenix during February.

Check it out at www.wmrc.org Click Events.

7 comments:

Brian said...

I just enjoy getting my a$$ kicked by riders that have no winter weather

CT said...

we shall suffer together my friend!

CT said...

I agree that being race ready is unlikely, make that impossible. It would be a good opportunity to race at lower altitude. Treat it as a race, but maybe more of a very hard training weekend.

CT said...

Did I mention its in February - yep, that month of the year when cabin fever hits its highest level. A little desert action wwould go a long way for soothing the soul. etc etc.

Brian said...

So would hitting the N. Platte with a size 22 black midge.
Wouldn't you agree Todd?

ChrisWentz said...

You guys speak a different language. VOS is a great race- always organized, always warm. If you can get a few dys ff before or afer it can be the tail-end or front of a training camp.

CT said...

perfect - 3 days at VOS then 3 more days in Santa Barbara!