
Does anybody know Norm Alvis?
Has anyone met Norm Alvis, currently riding with Spike? He holds the national record for the 1 hour Track Time Trial that he set in 1997 (51.505 min), was a member of the 1994 Motorola w/ Lance and George, raced in the Tour de France and was a member of the 7-11 and Saturn teams. I was wondering what kind of person he is. My wife won a silent auction for lunch with him. She has graciously given me the lunch date, and I would like to know about him before I meet him.
6 comments:
Gotta believe Brian has a pair somehwere in his bag of collectibles.
Okay, I knew it was only a matter of time before people started making comments about Norm's picture, though I'll admit they are humerous. I'm sure he'd rather not have it on some obscure website about cycle trading cards, just like your wife laughed the first time she saw your high school pictures of your Saturday Night Fever get-up. His sideburns make him look kind of like a wooly mamouth, dating him somewhere near the end of the last ice-age. But remember, he can still kick our asses on a bike. I hope he's not reading this case I would sure hate to get stuck with the lunch check.
I believe those are just the Oakley Mumbos with prescription inserts. I have a pair, but the frames are chewed up compliments of Nikki.
speaking of collectibles, anybody interested in a set of Campy clamp-on downtube friction shifters? Or a new 28 hole Campy Record front hub? Or a Campy clamp-on front derailleur cable guide? All this and more can be found in Brian Bin-o-Gear
brian - you are a true fountain of knowledge.
With no regard for repeating what's been said:
Well, for starters, he has poor vision. Second, he was ahead of the times when it came to style.
-Chris
Hey when do you get to dine with him? How did it go?
Post a Comment